You will learn easy, time-tested Verbal Communication skills to generate an interesting back-and-forth conversation with virtually anybody you meet. It works especially well if you aren’t sure what to talk about.
Our Verbal Communication course will help improve your communication skills, and show you how to build rapport, and approach different types of conversation with confidence
The lessons are concise and hands-on. Each lesson ends with a brief task you can do in just a few minutes. The class moves quickly and is extremely practical.
Verbal communication skills are learnable!
Anybody can get better with a little effort and the right guidance.
- Importance of good verbal communication
- Your strengths and weaknesses
- Personal goals and areas of development
- How to build rapport
- Sustaining conversation
- Structuring a clear message
- Cohesive and clear language
- Staying on topic
- Importance of being direct and using precise language
- Improving vocal pace and tone
- Improving intonation
- Active listening skills
- Good responding habits for clear communication
- Turn-taking and avoiding interrupting
- Emotional triggers
- Strategies for calm response
- Expressing your needs
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
Identify your communication strengths and weaknesses
Interact confidently and build rapport
Engage others by speaking clearly and expressively
Structure your message concisely
Respond to others and manage turn-taking
Handle difficult conversations
The minimum level of English required to participate in our courses is Upper Intermediate or B2 on the CEFR.