Are you tired of being undervalued, underestimated and under-appreciated? Do you feel frustrated when you have to share your ideas or thoughts in high pressure situations and it just doesn’t come out the way you had planned or hoped? Are you an intelligent person with a lot deep knowledge and experience who is tired of NOT being heard because of public speaking fear, anxiety or just poor speaking skills?
Your ability to present yourself clearly, intelligently and confidently are critical skills to your success in life!
If you can smoothly and easily articulate your ideas and thoughts in both high and low pressure situations, you’ll be viewed as someone worth listening to.
Let the course help you speak with great confidence, authority, and clarity. Let the course help you to encourage, excite and inspire your audience, while remaining completely authentic to your own personality.
Imagine being able to say this humbly and confidently…”When I speak…people listen. I have a voice and people value what I have to say.”
Specifically, the class will help you do the following:
- Sound conversational and not stiff
- Make good eye contact
- Show you what to do with your hands and how to gesture
- Show you how to stand and move with a purpose.
- How to get rid of filler words such as “ums” and “uhs”
- Have a much more confident-sounding voice.
Who is it for? The class is for anybody from beginners to intermediate level speakers. Ideally, if you have any type of public speaking or presentation coming up, you can use the course to be at your best.
- Different forms of public speaking
- Establishing your own voice
- Best use of your voice
- Body language, overcoming nervousness and projecting confidence
- Engaging your audience
- Dealing with questions and interruptions
- Structuring for clarity
- Techniques for memorising a speech
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Overcome your nerves and anxiety
- Engage your audience
- Moderate your volume, pitch and tone for maximum impact
- Highlight key points with pausing, pacing and signposting
- Deliver your talks without a script
The minimum level of English required to participate in our courses is Upper Intermediate or B2 on the CEFR.
Have a question? Ask our virtual assistant on live chat below
or call us on 01792 535000 and speak to our experienced Student Adviser.