The General English course at Swansea College is designed to benefit students who hope to communicate with confidence and ease in real-life situations. The main goal is to improve speaking and listening skills. Students can choose from group or one-to-one lessons; one-to-one lessons can be combined with group conversational lessons.
This course gives you a good understanding of the English Language, so you will be able to improve your English level and also if you want to, take IELTS exam then you can take our Academic IELTS Preparation course.
Our qualified and experienced teachers ensure that you strengthen your language by improving your ability to use English grammar. They will even help you develop your pronunciation to sound more natural and easier to understand.
We provide you with flexible, goal-orientated classes to ensure that progress can be made to any schedule.
Our General English courses will help you to:
- increase confidence in speaking and improve pronunciation
- develop better listening, reading and writing skills
- learn new vocabulary
- understand English grammar
- achieve better exam results
- improve your study skills
- learn about and enjoy life in the UK
- courses of 6 or 9 months
- weekly start dates
- full-time intensive or part-time options available
- choice of elective exam and subject purpose modules
Why choose Swansea College?
- easy to follow, structured courses
- learn essential speaking & listening and reading & writing skills
- get a good understanding of basic grammar and vocabulary
- start using practical English from day one.
- progress with regular tests, targets and personal learning plans
- fortnightly Tutor meetings
- meetings every six weeks with Academic Manager
- lectures with Public Personalities and Business Leaders
- seminars and workshops
- regular homework
- your own online student login
- ladies-only English courses (all levels)
Course entry dates:
Face to Face classes resume on 7th June 2021 through our blended learning approach.
Our new academic course starts 6th September 2021
We accept applications through the year; continuous enrolment through the year.
You can enrol on Monday at the start of the week.
You will need to complete a Placement Test, then agree personal goals with your tutor and develop an Individual Learning Path which needs to be completed every day in class.
You will learn through discussion, error correction, learning assignments and by speaking English every day.
Classes have a maximum of 12 students which allows teachers to provide each student with the personal attention they require. Classes will focus on improving students’ speaking, listening, reading and writing skills, which will help them reach their full potential.
Level : A1 (Elementary) to C2 (Proficient)
|General morning class AM
||Academic Elective afternoon class
||£250 per week
Enrolment fee: £180
Minimum age: 18
Entry requirements: N/A
You will complete a placement test.
Attend a tutorial session with your tutor to agree personal goals and develop an Individual Learning Path which needs to be completed every day in class.
General English, Academic IELTS and UFP FAQs