Our GCSE Business Studies online course teaches you how to make informed, well-reasoned decisions about the various aspects of business. Be that marketing, human resources or actually setting up an organisation. Business studies challenges you to think about how and why people found businesses, what the challenges might be and why some fail.
The AQA GCSE Business Studies online course will also provide you with the opportunity to explore the practical application of specific business concepts in real-world contexts. This will help you to see how what you’ve learned works in practice rather than just theory.
You will able to take these skills forward and implement them with ease throughout your future business career or more advanced study.
The online course measures progression and assesses understanding with;
- Enables students to build, apply and review their understanding with worksheets and Quick Quizzes..
- Ensure understanding of the key concepts for the main topics with appropiate presentations.
- Provides complete specification coverage with a list of learning objectives.
This online course has been designed specifically to be studied online in your own time, at your own pace.
1. Self Study
All of our GCSE courses are studied online with support from our specialist subject tutors. You will be given access to our online learning materials and e-books.
About our teachers
Our teachers are enthusiastic about learning. Teachers will support students towards
their individual pathways in education.. Our teachers are here to help!
Course structure – Self-study option
- Total course – 160 hours online
- Students are expected to study 6 hours per week, independently
Course fees – Self-study Option
- Enrolment fee: £80
- Course fee: £495
Instalments available over 8 months (Sept- April) –pay £46.90 per month (after
deducting the application fee)
How to Apply?
- Complete the application form
- Send a scanned, coloured copy of your Passport or Driving License email@example.com
- Pay the application fee of £200 (the application fee is made up of £80 enrolment fee and £120 towards the course fee, this fee is non-refundable)
The course is structured into bite-sized parts:
- The purpose and nature of businesses
- Business ownership
- Setting business aims and objectives
- Business location
- Business planning
- Expanding a business
- Ethical and environmental considerations
- The economic climate on business
- Competitive environment
- Production processes
- The role of procurement
- The concept of quality
- Good customer services
- Organisational structures
- Motivating employees
- Understanding customers
- Market research
- Marketing mix
- Sources of finance
- Cash flow
- Financial terms and calculations
- Financial performance
There are no previous entry requirements for this course, however students are expected to have a reasonable standard of literacy.
Exam and Assessment
2 written exams
Upon successful completion of all the exams, you will receive a GCSE in Computer Science
More information can be found in the specification