Our WJEC GCSE Physics online course, you’ll take a close look at different forms of energy, and the ways in which they’re stored and transferred. You’ll gain an understanding of how the particles that form the world around us are structured, and how they interact with one another.
You’ll examine electromagnetism, the properties of radiation waves, and you’ll gaze up to the night sky to take a look at the wonders of the solar system. WJEC GCSE Physics online course opens up a range of career paths in astronomy, environmental science, engineering, and more, as well as higher education at university.
Our WJEC GCSE Physics online course is enhanced with lessons with a bank of resources, interactive tests and activities. The course focuses on strands of learning within the curriculum to improve progression throughout, offering a seamless progression.
We provide learning resources that focus on assessment objectives and are organised by topic, allowing you to use them alongside our scheme of work.
The online course measures progression and assesses understanding with;
- Enables students to build, apply and review their understanding with worksheets and Quick Quizzes..
- Ensure understanding of the key concepts for the main topics with appropiate presentations.
- Provides complete specification coverage with a list of learning objectives.
Online live classes – these are live interactive classes.
- These classes are recorded and can be watched back, access available for 7 days
Access to full course online
Workbooks* will be posted
Google Classroom Access
Homework/assignments set and mark & feedback provided
Mock assessments in Autumn and Spring
- Register your exams with us
- UCAS Application support
The Classroom Environment
About our teachers
Our teachers are enthusiastic about learning. Teachers will support students towards their individual pathways in education.. Our teachers are here to help!
Course structure – PLUS option
- 3 hours of online live classes per week over 20 weeks
- Students are expected to study a further 3 hours per week, independently
- Total course – 160 hours online
Course fees for PLUS Option
- Enrolment fee: £80
- Course fee: £750
How to Apply?
Choose your Science Practical endorsement option:
- Complete Science Practical endorsements with Swansea College
- Carry forward from previous exam series (evidence required on application)
- Complete Science Practical endorsements with BioGrad
- If you opt out of practical endorsements. Your results certificate will display Not Classified (you must check the entry requirements for the university course you wish to study and see if the practical endorsement is a requirement)
The course is structured into bite-sized parts:
- Electric circuits
- Generating electricity
- Making use of energy
- Domestic electricity
- Features of waves
- The total internal reflection of waves
- Seismic waves
- Kinetic theory
- Distance, speed and acceleration
- Newton’s laws
- Work and energy
- Further motion concepts
- Stars and planets
- The Universe
- Types of radiation
- Nuclear decay and nuclear energy
There are no previous entry requirements for this course, however students are expected to have a reasonable standard of literacy.
Exam and Assessment
Mock Assessments will take place in December and March/April
Register for your exams by 20th January
2 written exams and practical assessments
Upon successful completion of the practical assessment and exams, you will receive a GCSE in Physics.
More information can be found in the specification
Have a question? Ask our virtual assistant on live chat below
or call us on 01792 535000 and speak to our experienced Student Adviser.