Did you know that the average time an employer spends looking at each CV is around five to seven seconds, and that each position roughly receives up to 300 applications? With this in mind, you need a CV that seriously sells your skills.
This course will introduce learners to the process of Creating a CV, give guidance on the suitable Styles and Layouts, identify how the information should be presented and give an insight into the employer’s perspective.
The course includes CV writing tips with and Covering Letter Templates.
Our practical, step-by-step approach ensures that learning is easily absorbed and transferred to those all-important facts of effective CV Writing.
- Characteristics of a strong CV
- Employer’s perspective
- Skills and abilities
- Qualifications and experiences
- Your personal profile
- Using keywords
- Organisational values
- Common CV error
- CV vs a cover letter
- The right formats and conventions
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the employer’s perspective and tailor your CV accordingly
- Identify your values for work and develop your CV
- Format, order and style your CV so it stands out in a positive way
- Use keywords and organisational values appropriately and check for errors
- Write an effective cover letter to accompany your CV
The minimum level of English required to participate in our courses is Upper Intermediate or B2 on the CEFR.
Have a question? Ask our virtual assistant on live chat below
or call us on 01792 535000 and speak to our experienced Student Adviser.