Our Online IGCSE German Course is the international version. This is the same qualification you would achieve at school or college
Our German IGCSE online course is ideal for you. With the help and unlimited support of your personal tutor, you’ll learn how to communicate and understand the German language whilst exploring a variety of topics such as holidays and special occasions, daily life, and the environment.
You’ll develop your ability to speak and write coherently and confidently to communicate with native speakers, to listen to and understand German speech, and to express and develop thoughts and ideas spontaneously and fluently.
Our IGCSE German online learning course is enhanced with lessons with a bank of resources, interactive tests and activities. The course focuses on strands of learning within the curriculum to improve progression throughout, offering a seamless progression.
This online learning course has been designed specifically to be studied online in your own time, at your own pace.
- Self Study
All of our IGCSE are studied online with support from our specialist subject tutors. You will be given access to our online learning materials and e-books. Your tutor will provide feedback on your learning. They will also be on available on email support.
- Access to full course online
- e-books provided
- Workbooks* will be posted
- Interactive quizzes*
- Google Classroom Access
- Tutor email support
- Register your exams with us
About our teachers
Our teachers are enthusiastic about learning. Teachers will support students towards their individual pathways in education.. Our teachers are here to help!
Course structure – Self-study option
- Total course – 160 hours online
- Students are expected to study 6 hours per week, independently
Course fees – Self-study Option
- Enrolment fee: £80
- Course fee: £495
Instalments available over 8 months (Sept- April) – pay £46.90 per month (after deducting the application fee)
How to Apply?
- Complete the application form
- Send a scanned, coloured copy of your Passport or Driving License firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay the application fee of £200 (the application fee is made up of £80 enrolment fee and £120 towards the course fee, this fee is non-refundable)
- Life in the town and rural life
- Holidays, tourist information and directions
- Services(e.g. bank, post office)
- Everyday life, traditions and communities
- School life and routine
- Education and employment
- School trips, events and exchanges
- Work, careers and volunteering
- Future plans
- House and home
- Daily routines and helping at home
- Role models
- Relationships with family and friends
- Environmental issues
- Weather and climate
- Travel and transport
- The media
- Information and communication technology
- Special occasions
- Hobbies, interests, sports and exercise
- Shopping and money matters
- Accidents, injuries, common ailments and health issues
- Food and drink
There are no previous entry requirements for this course, however students are expected to have a reasonable standard of literacy.
You’ll be required to complete two IGCSE standard written exams and one speaking assessment.
- Paper 1: Listening – 30 minute written exam, 25% of IGCSE, 40 marks
- Paper 2: Reading and writing – one hour 45 minute written exam, 50% of IGCSE, 80 marks
- Paper 3: Speaking – 8-10 minute spoken exam, 25% of IGCSE, 40 marks
You will have 1 year to complete the full IGCSE German course from the date you start the course. You will be able to study at your own pace and in your own time
This course enables you to study for a IGCSE in German by online learning. Full tutor support is available via email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of the coursework and exams, you will receive a IGCSE in German. The awarding body is Pearson Edexcel
Take Your Exams at Swansea College Exam Centre
Swansea Online Learning College can provide a guaranteed exam space in our affiliated exam centre, taking away the hassle of needing to find your own.
Register for your exams today…