The GCSE English Literature Online Course gives students the opportunity to explore their literary interests through reading a wide range of classic literature and is designed to show the depth and power of the English literary heritage. Students will read extensively and critically so that they are able to discuss and explain their understanding and ideas fluently, and make connections across their reading.
This online course is designed to show the depth and power of the English literary heritage and students will need to write accurately, effectively and analytically about their reading, using Standard English and will acquire and use a wide vocabulary, including the grammatical terminology and other literary and linguistic terms they need to criticise and analyse what they read.
Our online interactive course goes above and beyond to ensure student progress and understanding.
Here’s what we offer:
- A complete coverage of the course specifications, accompanied by a list of learning objectives and mind maps.
- Engaging weekly learning videos that help students build, apply, and review their understanding.
- Interactive power points, worksheets, homework, and mark schemes to solidify understanding of key concepts.
- Regular assessments every 6 weeks to track progress.
- Mock assessments with detailed feedback to help students prepare effectively.
STUDY OPTIONS AND FEES
- an engaging online interactive learning course
- choose your pace: Complete the course in two years or accelerate and finish in just one year
- weekly learning videos
- variety of learning materials: presentations, worksheets, homework along with markscheme (self-marking)
- challenge your knowledge with key assessments every 6 weeks to track your progress
- comprehensive revision sessions and thorough exam preparation
- mock assessments that simulate the real exam
Students have the option to sit;
One year course £495
Two year course Year 1: £495
Year 2: £150
The cost of the GCSE English Literature course is £495 for a one-year course. However, we also offer the option to study the course over two years. In this case, you would pay the one-year course fee upfront, and then top it up with an additional fee of £150 in the second year.
While the course officially starts on September 1st, you have the flexibility to join at any time throughout the year.
We offer a convenient payment plan that allows you to split your payments over 9 months, from
September to May. Although if you start later in the academic year your payment plan will start from
enrolment date to May.
How to Apply?
To apply for our Online GCSE course, please follow these steps if you haven’t already:
2. Send us a scanned, coloured copy of your passport or official photo ID
3. Pay the application fee of £200. This fee comprises an £80 enrolment fee and £120 towards the course fee. Please note that the application fee is non-refundable.
Register for your exams
Registering to sit your exams with us at Swansea College is easy and straightforward. All you need to
do is fill out the online registration form,
which can be found on our website
. Once you have completed the form, you will receive an email confirming your registration. You will then be able to book your exams and pay the relevant fees. We offer a range of exams, from GCSEs to A-Levels with WJEC, Exdexcel Pearson, AQA and Cambridge International.
GCSE English Literature is a comprehensive course that covers all the topics and materials necessary for GCSE Students can choose to sit the exam board of their choice, such as WJEC, AQA, Pearson or
Cambridge International. All topics are covered; however the order of topics and which topics are
covered in each exam paper may vary depending on the exam board. This means that students must
be aware of the differences between the exam boards and be prepared to adjust their study plans
The course is designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the subject and to prepare them for the exam. With the right preparation and dedication, students can be confident that they will be able to succeed in their GCSE English Literature exam.
Throughout the year, students would be required to complete topic tests and key assessments.
These tests and assessments would be designed to assess the student’s understanding of the
material and their ability to apply it.
Students are also expected to complete mock assessments before the Easter break..
The mock assessments would be designed to simulate the actual tests and assessments, allowing
students to practice and become familiar with the format and content. Additionally, the mock
assessments would provide feedback to the students, allowing them to identify areas of
improvement and focus their study / revision accordingly.
Each exam board has its own subject specification for the exams they offer. Depending on the exam
board you have chosen, you can visit their website and check the subject specification. This will
provide you with detailed information about the topics covered in the exam, the assessment criteria,
and the structure of the exam. It will also provide you with guidance on how to prepare for the exam
and what resources are available to help you. Knowing the subject specification is essential for
success in the exam, so make sure you take the time to read it carefully.