Our Online IGCSE Chemistry Course is the international version. This is the same qualification you would achieve at school or college
IGCSE Chemistry Course will develop your scientific skills and knowledge using logic and rigorous scientific thinking. This online course covers a range of subjects, from the structure of the atom through to fractional distillation and fuel production!
A great choice if you’re considering a career in health and clinical professions including medicine, veterinary science, nursing, dentistry, and forensic science, blending chemistry with other suitable GSCEs will be a stepping stone to studying at A-level or university.
Our IGCSE Chemistry online learning course is enhanced with lessons with a bank of resources, interactive tests and activities. The course focuses on strands of learning within the curriculum to improve progression throughout, offering a seamless progression..
The course measures progression and assesses understanding with;
- Enables students to build, apply and review their understanding with worksheets and Quick Quizzes..
- Ensure understanding of the key concepts for the main topics with appropiate presentations.
- Provides complete specification coverage with a list of learning objectives.
This online learning course has been designed specifically to be studied online in your own time, at your own pace.
- Self Study
- Access to full course online
- e-books provided
- Workbooks* will be posted
- Interactive quizzes*
- Google Classroom Access
- Tutor email support
- Register your exams with us
About our teachers
- Total course – 160 hours online
- Students are expected to study 6 hours per week, independently
- Enrolment fee: £80
- Course fee: £495
How to Apply?
- Complete the application form
- Send a scanned, coloured copy of your Passport or Driving License firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay the application fee of £200 (the application fee is made up of £80 enrolment fee and £120 towards the course fee, this fee is non-refundable)
- States of matter
- Elements, compounds and mixtures
- Atomic structure
- The Periodic Table
- Chemical formulae, equations and calculations
- Ionic bonding
- Covalent bonding
- Metallic bonding
- Group 1 (alkali metals) – lithium, sodium and potassium
- Group 7 (halogens) – chlorine, bromine and iodine
- Gases in the atmosphere
- Reactivity series
- Extraction and uses of metals
- Acids, alkalis and titrations
- Acids, bases and salt preparations
- Chemical tests
- Rates of reaction
- Reversible reactions and equilibria
- Crude oil
- Carboxylic acids
- Synthetic polymers
Previous knowledge required
There are no previous entry requirements for this course, however students are expected to have a reasonable standard of literacy.
You’ll be required to complete two IGCSE standard written exams.
- Written exam: 2 hours, 61.1% of IGCSE, 110 marks.
- Written exam: 1 hour 15 minutes, 38.9% of IGCSE, 70 marks
You will have 1 year to complete the full IGCSE Chemistry online course from the date you start the course. You will be able to study at your own pace and in your own time
This course enables you to study for a IGCSE in Chemistry by online learning. Full tutor support is available via email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of the coursework and exams, you will receive a IGCSE in Chemistry. The awarding body is Pearson Edexcel
Take Your Exams at Swansea College Exam Centre
Swansea Online Learning College can provide a guaranteed exam space in our affiliated exam centre, taking away the hassle of needing to find your own.
Register for your exams today…
Have a question? Ask our virtual assistant on live chat below
or call us on 01792 535000 and speak to our experienced Student Adviser.