Cambridge IGCSE International Mathematics encourages learners to develop their mathematical ability as a key life skill, and as a strong basis for further study of mathematics or to support skills in other subjects.
- develops learners’ competency, confidence, and fluency in their use of techniques with and without the use of a graphic display calculator, cultivating mathematical understanding
- develops learners’ feel for quantity, patterns, and relationships, encouraging learners’ reasoning and analytical skills
- places a strong emphasis on solving problems in mathematics and real-life contexts
- promotes appropriate presentation and interpretation of results, encouraging learners’ understanding of how to communicate and reason mathematically
- develops learners’ skills in mathematical investigations and/or modelling, building conceptual understanding as well as ability to apply techniques and use approaches
- is tiered to allow candidates of all abilities to achieve and progress in their mathematical studies
- Self Study
All of our IGCSE are studied online with support from our specialist subject tutors. You will be given access to our online learning materials and e-books. Your tutor will provide feedback on your learning. They will also be on available on email support.
- Access to full course online
- e-books provided
- Workbooks* will be posted
- Interactive quizzes*
- Google Classroom Access
- Tutor email support
- Register your exams with us
About our teachers
Our teachers are enthusiastic about learning. Teachers will support students towards their individual pathways in education.. Our teachers are here to help!
Course structure – Self-study option
- Total course – 160 hours online
- Students are expected to study 6 hours per week, independently
Course fees – Self-study Option
- Enrolment fee: £80
- Course fee: £495
Instalments available over 8 months (Sept- April) – pay £46.90 per month (after deducting the application fee)
How to Apply?
- Complete the application form
- Send a scanned, coloured copy of your Passport or Driving License email@example.com
- Pay the application fee of £200 (the application fee is made up of £80 enrolment fee and £120 towards the course fee, this fee is non-refundable)
- Life in the town and rural life
- Holidays, tourist information and directions
- Services(e.g. bank, post office)
- Everyday life, traditions and communities
- School life and routine
- Education and employment
- School trips, events and exchanges
- Work, careers and volunteering
- Future plans
- House and home
- Daily routines and helping at home
- Role models
- Relationships with family and friends
- Environmental issues
- Weather and climate
- Travel and transport
- The media
- Information and communication technology
- Special occasions
- Hobbies, interests, sports and exercise
- Shopping and money matters
- Accidents, injuries, common ailments and health issues
- Food and drink
There are no previous entry requirements for this course, however students are expected to have a reasonable standard of literacy.
You’ll be required to complete two IGCSE standard written exams and one speaking assessment.
- Paper 1: Listening – 30 minute written exam, 25% of IGCSE, 40 marks
- Paper 2: Reading and writing – one hour 45 minute written exam, 50% of IGCSE, 80 marks
- Paper 3: Speaking – 8-10 minute spoken exam, 25% of IGCSE, 40 marks
You will have 1 year to complete the full IGCSE French course from the date you start the course. You will be able to study at your own pace and in your own time
This course enables you to study for a IGCSE in French by online learning. Full tutor support is available via email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of the coursework and exams, you will receive a IGCSE in French. The awarding body is Pearson Edexcel
Take Your Exams at Swansea College Exam Centre
Swansea Online Learning College can provide a guaranteed exam space in our affiliated exam centre, taking away the hassle of needing to find your own.
Register for your exams today…