Our A-Level Chemistry develops your skills in data analysis and evaluation, but also encourages creative thinking and problem-solving skills which are transferable to any future career path. This is an ideal course for students considering careers in health and clinical professions, as well as teaching and research roles. Many universities and employers desire applicants with an A-Level Chemistry certificate as it’s a highly respected qualification to have in academic circles.
The online course measures progression and assesses understanding with;
- Enables students to build, apply and review their understanding with our weekly
- Ensure understanding of the key concepts for the main topics with appropriate presentations, worksheets, homework, mark schemes and topic tests
- Provides complete specification coverage with a list of learning objectives
and mind maps.
STUDY OPTIONS AND FEES
- Online learning platform
- One year / two year study options
- Weekly learning assignments
- Weekly learning videos by subject teacher
- Presentation, worksheets, homework along with mark scheme (self marking)
- Topic tests
- Revision – exam preparation
- Mock assessments
Students have the option to sit;
One year course £1200
Two year course Year 1: £1200
Year 2: £350
The cost of the A Level Chemistry course is £1200 for a one-year course. However, we also offer the option to study the course over two years. In this case, you would pay the one-year course fee upfront, and then top it up with an additional fee of £350 in the second year.
On receipt of the application fee, we will raise an invoice for the remainder of the course fees. We offer a flexible payment plan that allows you to pay in two instalments, 50% of the course fees is due by 15th August and the remaining 50% by 7th December.
How to Apply?
2. Send a scanned, coloured copy of your Passport or Driving License firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Pay the application fee of £200 (the application fee is made up of £80 enrolment fee and £120 towards the course fee, this fee is non-refundable).
Register for your exams
Registering to sit your exams with us at Swansea College is easy and straightforward. All you need to
do is fill out the online registration form,
which can be found on our website
. Once you have completed the form, you will receive an email confirming your registration. You will then be able to book your exams and pay the relevant fees. We offer a range of exams, from GCSEs to A-Levels with WJEC, Exdexcel Pearson, AQA and Cambridge International.
Choose your Science Practical endorsement option:
- Complete Science Practical endorsements with Swansea College
- Carry forward from previous exam series (evidence required on application)
- Complete Science Practical endorsements with BioGrad
- If you opt out of practical endorsements. Your results certificate will display Not Classified (you must check the entry requirements for the university course you wish to study and see if the practical endorsement is a requirement)
A Level Chemistry is a comprehensive course that covers all the topics and materials necessary for A Level Students can choose to sit the exam board of their choice, such as WJEC, AQA, Pearson or Cambridge International. All topics are covered; however the order of topics and which topics are
covered in each exam paper may vary depending on the exam board. This means that students must
be aware of the differences between the exam boards and be prepared to adjust their study plans
The course is designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the subject and to prepare them for the exam. With the right preparation and dedication, students can be confident that they will be able to succeed in their A Level Chemistry exam.
GCSE Chemistry Grade C or above
Throughout the year, students would be required to complete topic tests and key assessments.
These tests and assessments would be designed to assess the student’s understanding of the material and their ability to apply it.
Students are also expected to complete mock assessments before the Easter break.
The mock assessments would be designed to simulate the actual tests and assessments, allowing
students to practice and become familiar with the format and content. Additionally, the mock
assessments would provide feedback to the students, allowing them to identify areas of
improvement and focus their study / revision accordingly.
Each exam board has its own subject specification for the exams they offer. Depending on the exam
board you have chosen, you can visit their website and check the subject specification. This will
provide you with detailed information about the topics covered in the exam, the assessment criteria, and the structure of the exam. It will also provide you with guidance on how to prepare for the exam
and what resources are available to help you. Knowing the subject specification is essential for
success in the exam, so make sure you take the time to read it carefully.
You will be awarded up to 56 UCAS points per A Level