Essay writing skills, is designed to help you to develop the skills you need to write effectively for academic purposes. It contains clear instruction and a range of activities to help you to understand what is required, and to plan, structure and write your assignments or reports.
- Your strengths and areas of challenge
- Types of essays
- Finding your voice and overcoming obstacles
- Analysing essay titles
- Brainstorming before starting research
- Using sources appropriately
- Identifying a line of argument
- Structuring and planning
- Formal language
- Precise language
- Connecting expressions
- Effective sentences
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyse the essay question and define your task
- Prepare an argument and write purposeful introductions and conclusions
- Use appropriate language and grammar
- Analyase your essay for accuracy and consistency
The minimum level of English required to participate in our courses is Upper Intermediate or B2 on the CEFR.
Have a question? Ask our virtual assistant on live chat below
or call us on 01792 535000 and speak to our experienced Student Adviser.