But as with any subject, there’s more than meets the eye. There is a lot more to AQA engineering skills course and plenty to learn from taking the course.
If you study AQA Engineering skills course you will learn about a variety of processes. These include how to create design briefs, how businesses convert design briefs to design specifications, and the application of technology to manufacturing.
Some of the main aims and objectives of this GCSE are to understand emerging technologies, learn about proper health and safety procedures, and be mindful of sustainable development.
Essentially there’s little you won’t do in AQA Engineering skills course , so if you do end up in an engineering-based career you’ll be familiar with a lot of the basic procedures. Also to prepare you for a future career in engineering and therefore everything on the course is relevant to the industry.
- This course is designed to give you an understanding of engineering basics.
- It will teach you the theory behind engineering manufacturing processes as well as the testing and investigation which goes into creating a final product.
- It is your choice whether you want to take an exam and gain a qualification in GCSE Engineering.
- Swansea College will teach you, through this course, the necessary skills needed to gain an insight into engineering.
STUDY OPTIONS AND FEES
- Online learning platform
- Weekly learning assignments
- Live classes – 2 x 1.5 hours per week*
- Presentation, worksheets, homework along with mark scheme (self marking)
- Topic tests
- Revision – exam preparation
- Mock assessments
*Online live classes will be held : Mon & Thu 4:30pm – 6pm
Students have the option to sit;
One year course Year 1: £850
Students would need to cover the costs for all the engineering materials for the NEA assessment
On receipt of the application fee, we will raise an invoice for the remainder of the course fees. We offer a flexible payment plan that allows you to pay in two instalments, 50% of the course fees is due by 15th August and the remaining 50% by 7th December.
How to Apply?
2. Send a scanned, coloured copy of your Passport or Driving License firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Pay the application fee of £200 (the application fee is made up of £80 enrolment fee and £120 towards the course fee, this fee is non-refundable).
Register for your exams
Registering to sit your exams with us at Swansea College is easy and straightforward. All you need to
do is fill out the online registration form,
which can be found on our website
. Once you have completed the form, you will receive an email confirming your registration. You will then be able to book your exams and pay the relevant fees.
The subject content is split into six sections. This subject content should be taught within a range of realistic contexts based around the major themes in the specification. The course is assessed in the written papers and/or NEA.
Students must also demonstrate mathematical knowledge and understanding, in relation to engineering. The maths skills and knowledge can be applied to the wider engineering content.
Throughout the year, students would be required to complete topic tests and key assessments.
These tests and assessments would be designed to assess the student’s understanding of the
material and their ability to apply it.
Students are also expected to complete mock assessments before the Easter break.
The mock assessments would be designed to simulate the actual tests and assessments, allowing
students to practice and become familiar with the format and content. Additionally, the mock
assessments would provide feedback to the students, allowing them to identify areas of
improvement and focus their study / revision accordingly.
You have the option to visit the AQA website and check the subject specification. This will provide you with detailed information about the topics covered in the exam, the assessment criteria, and the structure of the exam. It will also provide you with guidance on how to prepare for the exam and what resources are available to help you. Knowing the subject specification is essential for success in the exam, so make sure you take the time to read it carefully.