The University Foundation Programme (UFP) Business & Finance Foundation Pathway is an intensive one year foundation course, which will prepare you for a wide range of Business or Finance bachelor degrees.
The UFP Business and Finance Foundation course will educate students in the practices of commerce. Students will learn the fundamentals of numeracy, communication and computer skills in the first term. Students will then begin to specialise in their subject area by picking their relevant modules in terms two and three.
Course Term Dates
|Start in September or January
- There are two start dates for our foundation courses – September and January.
- Depending on when prospective students finish their senior school studies, they have the option of beginning their course sooner or slightly later.
- Both complete in time for a September start at university the following year.
- Holidays vary depending on when the students choose to start the course.
- Those starting the University Foundation Programme in September, will have a 3-week holiday over Christmas, and a 2-week holiday over Easter.
- Those starting in January will have a 2-week holiday over the Easter period.
In the first term students complete the three minor modules. In terms 2 and 3, students choose three major modules from a selection of subjects
In the first term students complete the three minor modules. In terms 2 and 3, students choose three major modules from a selection of subjects.
|Minor Modules (Compulsory)
- Information Technology
- Communication Skills / IELTS
|Major Modules (Choose three)
- Further Mathematics
- Business Organisation
- Quantitative Methods
The Business and Finance foundation course is continually assessed, thus removing the pressure of an end of year examination. There will be mid-term examinations throughout the course and an end-of-term examination for each module. In addition, students are required to complete coursework and practical physics laboratory and computer laboratory sessions.
We offer a university approved syllabus which fully prepares students for their undergraduate studies. Our teachers are highly qualified and are specialists in their field. The exceptional standard of education allows students to make a smooth transition to undergraduate degree level.
Degree Course Subjects
Our foundation course offers progression to almost all Engineering & Computing university degree courses including:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Building Engineering
- Building Surveying
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Systems Engineering
- Mathematics & Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mineral Engineering
- Multimedia Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Software Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
The fee for The University Foundation Programme (UFP) Business & Finance Foundation Pathway is £17,450.00