International Students Admissions
Swansea College has been welcoming international students for many years. Swansea College has a vibrant international community that benefits from interacting with the predominantly British student body. This provides an ideal learning environment for our international students to establish the language and cultural skills needed to succeed in the highly competitive world of higher education.
Strategically located in Swansea with close proximity to prestigious university campuses. Swansea college offers a unique campus environment and student life, yet employs a common teaching methodology to help our international students achieve high academic standards and gain entry to the world’s most prestigious universities.
Here at Swansea College, we believe one size does not fit all. We take great care to understand our students’ needs and adapt our teaching style to help develop their potential both academically and personally. With tailored programmes and small class teaching, students benefit from personal attention and extra one-to-one tuition.
International students come to Swansea College for GCSE courses for a variety of reasons. Our college setting provides a more mature and focused environment, interaction with British students and a tailored academic solution to meet their needs. A key attraction is our small group size of students per class and the personal approach of our tutor system. With a wide range of subjects, first class teaching and extra curricular activities Swansea College provides a rewarding environment for international students.
With a focus on examination technique and academic rigour, our GCSE students are well prepared for the challenge of A Level study. When pupils need extra personal attention in specific subjects or help in adjusting to a new way of learning, our small class groups and outstanding pastoral support system is a winning and proven combination.
You can also find out more about which GCSE Courses we currently offered at Swansea College by clicking the link GCSE Courses .
A Level Courses
Swansea College offers the most comprehensive suite of A level options that you will find in any academic institution in the UK. Subjects are offered over three different course durations with no restrictions on subject combination or course length.
Here are the A level course options offered at Swansea College:
- Two-year A level courses (September start) for students who want to apply to the top UK universities. Students normally study three or four subjects and IELTS English (if required) in year 1. Students sit mock examinations in all subjects at the end of year 1 and continue with three subjects and IELTS English (if required) in year 2.
- 18-month A level courses (January start) for students who want to apply to the top UK universities. Students normally study 3 A level courses and English (if required) over the five terms of the course.
- One-year A level courses for students who want to transfer from other examination systems (for example, as an IBDP to A level conversion course, or from the HKDSE) or who want to improve on previous A level grades in order to apply to the top UK universities.
- One-term (September to December) or Two-term (January – June only) A level courses provide international students with the opportunity of studying abroad. Students will experience a variety of A level subjects which will help them decide what they would like to eventually study at university in the UK or back in their own countries.
You can also find out more about which subjects we currently offer at Swansea College by clicking the link A Level Courses.
Unless you are a UK national, you will need to have a valid visa before you can start your studies with us.
The two types of visa that Swansea College currently offer to study in the UK:
- Tier 4 Child Visa for students under the age of 18 when they start their courses at Swansea College..
- Short Term Study Visa for students wanting to study for up to 6 months.
If you need to apply for a Tier 4 visa to study with us, you must:
Have an unconditional offer for a place at Swansea College.
Provide us with all required documents:
- a copy of the passport photo page and any previous UK visas
- an English language qualification
- a recent school report or transcript and/or any certificates from any public school examinations you have taken
- Provide us with information about your UK Educational Guardian
- A letter from your parents consenting to your studying and living independently in the UK if you are under 18 at the time of visa application
- Receive a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) from Swansea College
- Review and sign the Registration Form and pay the required deposit and registration fee.
- Please note that we may also request to see copies of any documents required to submit the visa application. This includes bank statements or letters, birth certificates and information about your parents.
Immigration rules for students can change unexpectedly so it is important that you review the Guidance and application procedures which can be found on the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) website. Our Student Support Officer will also be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding obtaining a visa to study at Swansea College.
To find out more, complete our enquiry form / email us on email@example.com or call us on 01792 535 000.